Energy Bills Rebate: Park Homes

(asked on 7th June 2022) - View Source

Question to the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy:

To ask the Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, whether people who pay their energy bills indirectly via a (a) landlord and (b) park home site owner will receive all or part of the £400 energy rebate.

Answered by
Greg Hands Portrait
Greg Hands
Minister of State (Department for Business and Trade)
This question was answered on 13th June 2022

The Government expects landlords with a domestic electricity connection who charge ‘all inclusive’ rent, where tenants’ energy costs are included in their rental charges, to ensure that the £400 energy bill reduction is passed on to tenants.

The Government is aware that not all households have their electricity provided through a domestic electricity supply contract, and this includes park home residents. Households without a domestic electricity supply contract are not eligible for the scheme and the Government is exploring options for other ways in which they might receive similar support. Responses to the Technical Energy Bills Support Scheme consultation are being analysed and the Government response will be published later in the summer.

Reticulating Splines