Written Question on Business Premises: Planning Permission

Written Questions are submitted by MPs or Lords to receive information from a Department.

See more on: "Business Premises: Planning Permission"
Date Title Questioner
26 Jun 2017, 4:49 p.m. Rt Hon Theresa Villiers MP (Conservative - Chipping Barnet) Rt Hon Theresa Villiers MP (Conservative - Chipping Barnet)

Question to the Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government

To ask the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government, if he will take steps to assess the implications of the Grenfell Tower tragedy for limiting the use of permitted development rights to convert tall office buildings into residential accommodation.

Answer (Alok Sharma)

This is a matter for consideration as we take forward our work on fire safety.

The safety of tower block residents is paramount. The Government is asking all landlords of high rise buildings (including those in the private sector) to take action to check cladding and to act on interim safety advice. We have made our government funded testing process available to private residential building owners so that landlords can quickly check the safety of their cladding, take the necessary action and reassure their residents that they are safe in their homes.

You may also be interested in: