Written Question on Genito-urinary Medicine: Finance

Written Questions are submitted by MPs or Lords to receive information from a Department.

See more on: "Genito-urinary Medicine: Finance"
Date Title Questioner
25 Jun 2019, 4:46 p.m. Genito-urinary Medicine: Finance Neil Coyle


To ask the Secretary of State for Health and Social Care, what plans he has to allocate additional funding for the provision of sexual health services in the next four years.

Answer (Seema Kennedy)

The Government provides funding to local authorities for their public health responsibilities, including sexual health services, through a public health grant. It is for individual local authorities to decide their spending priorities based on an assessment of local need, including the need for sexual health services taking account of their statutory duties. They are required by regulations to provide services for sexually transmitted infection testing and treatment and contraception.

Future funding for local authorities’ public health responsibilities will be determined in the next spending review.

You may also be interested in: