Written Question on Sexually Transmitted Infections

Written Questions are submitted by MPs or Lords to receive information from a Department.

See more on: "Sexually Transmitted Infections"
Date Title Questioner
19 Jul 2019, 9:48 a.m. Sexually Transmitted Infections Helen Hayes


To ask the Secretary of State for Health and Social Care, if he will increase the funding allocated to sexual health services to tackle the incidence of syphilis and gonorrhoea in England.

Answer (Seema Kennedy)

The Government provides funding to local authorities for their public health responsibilities, including sexual health services, through a public health grant. It is for individual local authorities to decide their spending priorities based on an assessment of local need, including the need for sexual health services taking account of their statutory duties. They are required by regulations to provide services for sexually transmitted infection testing and treatment and contraception.

You may also be interested in: