Written Question on Domestic Violence: Children

Written Questions are submitted by MPs or Lords to receive information from a Department.

See more on: "Domestic Violence: Children"
Date Title Questioner
24 Apr 2018, 4:38 p.m. Domestic Violence: Children Sir Edward Leigh


To ask the Secretary of State for Justice, if he will take steps with the Home Secretary to encourage Police and Crime Commissioners to work with schools to ensure that early support is provided for children experiencing domestic abuse.

Answer (Dr Phillip Lee)

Prevention and early intervention remains the foundations of our approach to tackling violence and domestic abuse and we support approaches which focus on partnership working. It is important that there is effective working between agencies and schools to protect children experiencing domestic abuse.

The Ministry of Justice provides £68 million per year to Police and Crime Commissioners to support victims of crime in their areas. This includes services specifically supporting children suffering the impact of domestic abuse.

We have launched a consultation seeking views on what we can do across government to transform the response to domestic abuse. We welcome the expertise of Police and Crime Commissioners to help inform our approach.

You may also be interested in: