Grenfell Tower: Fires

(asked on 12th December 2017) - View Source

Question to the Department for Levelling Up, Housing & Communities:

To ask Her Majesty's Government what financial support they have provided to local authorities to provide (1) temporary, and (2) permanent, accommodation for survivors of the Grenfell Tower fire; and whether that support is expected to meet all the additional costs.

This question was answered on 22nd December 2017

To date the government has committed to providing funding to Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea (RBKC) to provide the following support to those who have permanently lost their homes as a result of the fire:

  • Funding for the cost of hotel accommodation provided whilst offers of permanent and temporary accommodation are being made.

  • Funding to meet the rental costs and core utility bills in temporary and permanent accommodation once residents are able to leave hotels. This will ensure all residents will not pay rent or utility bills until July 1st 2019.

  • Additionally, my Department has made a further £6 million available to RBKC for use in supporting residents needs beyond housing. This is helping to fund food allowances, support for funeral expenses and other hardship payments where the council deem them appropriate.

Reticulating Splines