Coronavirus: Vaccination

(asked on 17th November 2021) - View Source

Question to the Department of Health and Social Care:

To ask Her Majesty's Government what steps they will take to recognise full COVID-19 vaccination status for British citizens who have had one COVID-19 vaccination administered in England and the other vaccination administered abroad.

Answered by
Lord Kamall Portrait
Lord Kamall
This question was answered on 29th December 2021

A service has been in place since 11 October for individuals residing in England who received one or more Pfizer, AstraZeneca, Moderna and Janssen vaccines in the United States of America, the European Union, Iceland, Norway, Liechtenstein, Switzerland, Australia or Canada to record their vaccination in the National Immunisation Management Service (NIMS). If they have received one vaccination overseas of a two-dose course, they will be offered a second dose of a Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency-approved equivalent vaccine. Once an individual has a NIMS record, they can access a NHS COVID Pass.

The service currently has seven sites capable of reviewing vaccination evidence, with 13 additional sites pending. Further expansion of the service is planned in due course.

Reticulating Splines